google-site-verification: googlef2ba99a3ab5aecea.html

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Clearance Rack Fairy Makeover

 I'm always on the lookout for a good bargain. Recently, while picking through the clearance rack of my favorite local gift shop I can across this little lady:


She had obviously seen better days, and her sloppy paint job felt a little to "kitschy" for our garden. 


Obviously, the first step was to reattach her broken wing with some craft glue.
Next, I began to think about paint. 
 I'd recently discovered a new product, and I was anxious to try it out. Thinking back to my old days in art school, and the lovely patinas we'd created for foundry courses, I'd decided to try a short cut and order a Rub Buff Metallic Finishes Sampler. 





The directions weren't clear, so I just played around with an old paint brush, a rag and layering several colors. The results were great! Now our happy little fairy looks right at home next to a copper bowl of water in our fairy garden. 



She's even been joined by a few friends!



Thanks for stopping by!
Hayley Brentmar

No comments:

Post a Comment